It’s time for the last but not least post of my digital collection (almost as an assignement for my academic design course)!What would be better to conclude with than the king of kitchen tools? The worldwide recognised stand mixer which includes lots of items in one, but allows you to make things that could be moreless easily done without it??!
KITCHENAID stand mixer, designed by Egmont Arens for Whirlpool Corporation
Where can you find it in Milan?
KEEN KUTTER PEELER APPLE OR POTATOE, designed and produced by E.C. SIMONS in 1898.
The evolution of APPLE CORER
Starting from the picture on the leftside of the top, we have:
- The oldest turned wood apple corer of 1682;James Walker collection;
- Apple corer made by John Tylor, Birmingham 1826;
- Apple corer made by R.&S. Henell, London 1796;
- Apple corer with integral knife, made by Joseph Willmore, Birmingham 1820
- A twentieth century variation of apple corer made by Asprey&Co